Dr E Babu is currently working as Senior Consultant Interventional Cardiologist at Fortis Malar Hospital. He is an accomplished interventional cardiologist with vast experience in treating patients with complex coronary intervention including Emergency Primary PTCA, Complex angioplasty stenting (Multi-vessel PTCA, bifurcation PTCA, left main stenting, CTO PCI, Rotablation/Intravascular Lithotripsy for calcified coronaries), FFR and Imaging procedures (IVUS and OCT), Endovascular Aortic and Peripheral vascular (Carotid and lower limb) interventions, TAVR (Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement), Impella Percutaneous LVAD, Permanent Pacemaker implantation (leadless pacemaker), ICD/CRT device Implantation, Device closure for septal defects in congenital heart diseases, Percutaneous Balloon Valvotomy (PTMC) etc., He is also a Specialist in treatment of Heart Failure.
No timeslots are available.
Qualification : M.B.B.S., M.D, D.M.(Cardiology), F.N.B.(Interventional Cardiology)
- He obtained all three degrees MBBS, MD (General Medicine) and DM (Cardiology) from JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research), an institute of national importance located in Puducherry, India.
- He completed his FNB (Fellowship) in Interventional Cardiology at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, an internationally recognized tertiary-care high volume cardiac speciality centre, located in New Delhi.
Honors & Awards
Dr E Babu has won the following national and international awards/recognitions for his research work:
- Best Young Scientist Award at TCTAP 2017 international cardiology conference held at Seoul in April 2017
- Fellow of American College of Cardiology : FACC
- Fellow of European Society of Cardiology : FESC
- Fellow of Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions : FSCAI (USA)
- Fellow of Asia Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology : FAPSIC
- Fellow of Indian College of Cardiology : FICC
- Fellow of Indian Society of Electrocardiology : FISE
- Member of Cardiological Society of India : CSI
Positions held: First-of-its-kind appointment
- Appointed as Young National Ambassador of India by EAPCI (European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions) for the period 2017-19
- Appointed as National Ambassador of India by EACVI Club 35 (European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging) for the period 2013-14
Area Of Expertise
- Interventional Cardiology
- Complex coronary interventions
- Structural heart disease interventions
- Endovascular interventions
- Device implantations
- Congenital heart disease interventions
- Heart failure treatment